Tuesday, November 11, 2014

October and November 1943 - Aerial Gunnery School - Harlingen TX

After completing Aircraft Mechanic training, Roger was accepted for aerial gunnery training.  He attended the Army Air Force Field Gunnery School (AAFFGS) at Harlingen Army Air Field in Harlingen TX.  He graduated from Aerial Gunnery school on November 20, 1943 and was promoted to the rank of Sergeant, per his Certificate of Service and Discharge from Enlisted papers.

Here is a file photo of aerial gunnery training at Harlingen Field.


7 comments:

  1. Is this photo for sale? I would like to purchase a digital copy to display at Valley International Airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dominic. The photo is one that I found on an internet website (I don;t know which one) and I do not own the rights to its use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for responding, it is a great photo, and I enjoyed reviewing your blog. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not trying to blow your mind but I was named specifically after Roger Ellis!! My father was Eugene K Epperson and Roger was one of his BEST friends. You'll see dads name in some of what you've posted here. I cannot believe I found your posting. Roger Epperson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roger. Please send me an email at roger.c.ellis@gmail.com so we can discuss further.

      Delete
    2. I have a set of personnel orders that shows your dad and mine in the same graduating class for advanced pilot training, class 45-C at Luke Field. Their names fall next to each pother in alphabetical order. My father Roger Crosby Ellis was Army serial number T12870 and Your father Eugene Kirk Epperson was T12871.

      Delete
    3. I have a photo of Class 45-C Squad 2 with all of the names listed on the back. Your father is in the photo in the same row as mine!

      Delete